Our card for the day, Saturday, February 23rd is taken from the Angel Tarot Cards deck – Release/Archangel Asrael # 13. “The end of a phase or situation. Spiritual transformation. Time to move on.”
– The first thing that catches my eye in this card is the beautiful angel standing in the middle of a meadow. In the background on this card is an orange glow that looks to me to be a fire in the forest behind him. There is a path that leads from the area of the fire to where he is standing. He is wearing a golden robe. His wings are also the color of gold.
– Gold represents – The infamous legend of alchemists turning common metals into gold is actually a parable for the human quest to change base vulgarities like greed, hate and selfishness into qualities like love, virtue and compassion through the process of self-purification. Ergo, gold is symbolic of this transition of the soul. (http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2009/10/07/symbolic-meaning-of-gold/)
– On his robe is the image of a Phoenix. The Phoenix is a universal symbol of the sun, mystical rebirth, resurrection and immortality, this legendary red “fire bird” was believed to die in its self-made flames periodically (each hundred years, according to some sources) then rise again out of its own ashes. (found here: http://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols1.html)
– Growing in the meadow around his feet are white roses. The white rose represents – purification, peace, gentle transition. (Flower Therapy by Doreen Virtue and Robert Reeves)
– Beside him partially hidden in the trees are 2 horses, what appears to be a mother and her colt. What comes to mind as I look at the horses is that the mother seems to be comforting the colt so maybe there was the loss of possibly a sibling or the father in the fire.
– The adult horse is white in color and a white horse represents Illumination and Resurrection. (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/horse-symbol-meanings.html)
– The Number 13 on this card reduces to 4 (1+3=4) and the number 4 represents – The angels are with you. They sent you the number 4 to reassure you that they have heard your prayers and are helping you. (Angel Numbers 101 by Doreen Virtue)
– Now to put all of this together, what I feel is the Angel represents ourselves as we follow the path leaving the old world behind, walk through the fires of transformation and purification to come out on the other side renewed and transformed as the phoenix from the ashes. We may leave behind people or situations which no longer serve us but that is part of this journey of transformation. We need to be able to release those people and situations from our lives, grieve if we need to, and move forward knowing and trusting that we are becoming who we were created to be. We are always surrounded by our angels and guides who are there to guide and support us.
– I love how what I see in the pictures on the cards is not random as it would first appear to be, but actually tells us what the cards mean even without reading the meaning on the bottom of each card. I will try not to drag out the process of understanding the symbolism of each card as I move through the next 4 weeks of the Advanced Angel Card Reader course. I just find it fascinating how this works. This is a learning process for me and the readings will also be used as part of my homework for the course, so please bear with me. Have a great day everyone!
Artwork taken from The Angel Tarot Cards, Release, Artist: Steve A. Roberts