Tonight was the 2nd class in the Advanced Angel Card Readers course and the focus of this class was the Major Arcana, the journey of The Dreamer in this deck but who is known as The Fool in traditional Tarot. The story of the cards when read in sequence tell of his journey through life. It was a very interesting class and I’m learning so much from this course. So for the duration of this week I will be focusing on the Major Arcana in the card readings for the day as that is also part of our “homework”.
I want to mention Radleigh Valentine here too as I usually leave Radleigh out when I say who the cards are created by, but he’s a very important co-creator of this deck. I don’t do this intentionally but as all the oracle card decks I use for my readings are by Doreen Virtue and I, of course, say that she is the creator of the deck, it just happens that when I use the Angel Tarot Cards it’s just a reflex to say the deck was created by Doreen. Radleigh had a lot of input, if not the most, as to what the painting for each of the cards should include for symbolism. He is very well versed in the meaning of the cards, why each Angel was chosen for a particular card and what each card represents. My apologies to him for not including him more when saying who the creators of this card deck are. Radleigh is an expert Tarot card reader and he has studied the Tarot and it’s history as well as it’s symbolism in great detail, so he knows what he’s talking about. Now on with today’s card.
Our card for the day, Thursday, February 28th, is taken from Angel Tarot Cards by Doreen Virtue and Radleigh Valentine, The Moon/Archangel Haniel # 18 – “Important psychic insights. Events behind the scenes. Release fears that hold you back.”
– As I look at this card I see an Angel standing in a forest at the place where two streams converge into one. In the far distance behind her is a mountain range. In the sky above and behind those mountains is the moon. There is a path leading to where she is standing now. That path is also coming between two pillars. On her left there is a wolf and on her right there is a dog. Her dress and her wings are primarily gold in color.
– As we have seen in previous readings, the mountains represent obstacles and challenges. Again as these are far in the distance behind her, they have been met and overcome.
– The moon takes her place in balance as the counterpart to the sun. She stands as the maternal (female or yin) influence where the sun is the fraternal (male or yang) influence. She is considered a luminary, but she produces no light of her own accord. She is reliant upon the sun’s light to reflect (mirror) her image to our earthly eyes. This method of projecting light makes the moon a symbol of subtlety. Clarity, reflection, and indirect deduction are gained by passive means. The moon softly enfolds our attention illumining our psyche in a gossamer glow that is more open to esoteric impressions. Astrologically speaking the moon is ruler of the sign of Cancer and governs the realm of intuitive thinking as well as emotions. (http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-moon-facts.html)
– Pillars symbolize balance. As the path is between the two pillars on this card, it is a sign that going between may be more advantageous than taking the proverbial high road or low road. Rather than seeing things as left or right, black or white, perhaps we can consider a middle road – a third option with a new and different perspective. (http://www.tarotteachings.com)
– The two streams represent our emotions. One stream represents our lower emotions such as hate, anger, greed and selfishness; and the other stream represents our higher emotions such as love, compassion, empathy and forgiveness.
– Water of course represents our emotions. As the Angel is standing in the place where the two streams meet to become one, again this represents the balancing of our emotions so as to find peace.
– The wolf represents our primal urges, our wild side.
– The dog represents our tamed or civilized side.
– Gold – the infamous legend of alchemists turning common metals into gold is actually a parable for the human quest to change base vulgarities like greed, hate and selfishness into qualities like love, virtue and compassion through the process of self-purification. Ergo, gold is symbolic of this transition of the soul. (http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2009/10/07/symbolic-meaning-of-gold/)
– The number 18 represents: “Your thoughts are the valve that opens and shuts your financial flow. As you stay positive, all the material resources you need come to you easily. However, worry can stop this flow, so ask your angels to help you stay upbeat, especially where it concerns money.” Angel Numbers 101 by Doreen Virtue.
– What this all means when we put it all together is that as we walk our own path, our life’s journey, we are constantly choosing which path we are going to follow, our lower, baser instincts or the higher path of love, living from our hearts and following our own higher guidance. There is no doubt that our journeys are ones of self-transformation, like the alchemy of turning base metals into gold.
If we listen to our higher guidance, the guidance that comes from the Divine, our own higher selves, our Angels and Spirit Guides, then we will always choose the higher road in any situation or circumstance. Sometimes when we are faced with circumstances or situations, there is no black or white solution, then it may be necessary to make a choice somewhere in the middle like the path between the two pillars on this card.
When I see animals with the angel on any of the tarot cards to me it represents that we don’t walk our paths alone, we are always accompanied by our angels and guides, always. When we ask our guides and/or angels for help or guidance, then we can rest assured they are on it. We can be at peace knowing that the answer will come thereby releasing our worry and doubts regarding that situation.
In looking at the meaning of the number 18, our thoughts don’t only affect the flow of our financial abundance but they affect all areas of our lives like finding love or discovering our life’s purpose. Negative thoughts or emotions or worry always keep the things we most desire from coming to us. Remember the Law of Attraction, what we draw to us is based on our vibration. If we are worried or thinking negatively then we are only drawing more of those things that will keep us worried or fearful and negative. Have a great day everyone!
Artwork taken from the Angel Tarot Cards, The Moon, Artist: Steve A. Roberts