Our card for the day, Friday, March 22nd, is taken from the Angel Tarot Cards by Doreen Virtue and Radleigh Valentine – Four of Water – “Missing an opportunity. Discontentment or boredom. Open your eyes to the possibilities.”
– This card shows a mermaid who is very focused on the 3 cups beneath her. Those 3 cups are dull and empty. She has one hand up as if to hold back the dolphins swimming near her who would comfort or help her if she would let them in. She wants to be left alone to wallow in her own misery. What she fails to see however is the beautiful shining cup to the side! She is so intent on focusing on what she doesn’t have to notice something bright and beautiful just waiting for her to see it. This mermaid is of course surrounded by water of varying shades of blue, the dark indigo of the depths, the lighter blue directly surrounding her which is also the shade of her tail. Her hair is white. The cup that she hasn’t noticed yet is gold rimmed and has some green on it as well as the blue. The waters above her seem very turbulent and probably due to the bubbles that seem to be rising up around our mermaid.
– The water we know is related to our emotions and our subconscious.
– Blue represents open spaces, freedom, imagination, expansiveness, inspiration, and sensitivity.
– Indigo represents the unknown depths of the sea along with emotion, strength, fluidity, persuasiveness, expressiveness, and pervasiveness.
– Green represents attributes of youth, sentimentality, nature, adventure, growth and health.
– White represents peace, cleansing, illumination, purity, innocence and the highest kind of understanding.
– Gold represents the alchemy of transforming base metals into gold as well as the transformation of our lower urges into the higher qualities of love and compassion etc. (all color meanings taken from http://www.whats-your-sign.com/color-meaning.html)
– Meaning of the number 4: “The angels are with you. They send you the number 4 to reassure you that they’ve heard your prayers and are helping you.” Taken from Angel Numbers 101 by Doreen Virtue.
– Sometimes in our day to day lives we have hopes, dreams, wishes, desires, wants and needs that go unfulfilled. Sometimes we get so focused on all the things in our lives that are not going right that we fail to see all the things that are. When we are focused on the unfulfilled wants and dreams, we fail to see the opportunity that has presented itself to us, something that would make the rest of it pale in comparison. When we focus on what hasn’t gone right or the way we wanted, we are stirring up a lot of negative emotions, a lot of self doubt and feelings of unworthiness, surrounding that desire or dream or need that went unmet or unfulfilled.
This card is a reminder to us that we need to break that pattern and look around us. We need to look at all the wonderful things in our lives that have gone right and all the needs that have been met and be grateful and appreciative for all of it. We also need reminding that when God closes one door, He is also opening another, usually something much better for us then the door that closed, but we have to be open and aware enough to see it when it comes. We also are reminded that we have within us all that we need to create anything that we desire and to transform any situation into something better. And isn’t it funny that when we need help the most, we are more likely not to accept it or even listen to our angels or our own higher guidance. Sometimes we are down right petulant and would prefer to be left alone to wallow in our misery and self-pity.
It’s time to wake up and realize that when we do wallow and feel sorry for ourselves all we are doing is creating more and more of those negative feelings which in turn draw more and more of the things that we don’t want into our realities. Remember it is thinking positive thoughts, looking for the silver lining in any dark cloud, being grateful for all that we have, feeling calm and trusting that all is forever in Divine perfect order and timing. We need to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and have faith in our own abilities to turn negative experiences into something positive and be open for the opportunities that are coming our way as a result. Nothing lasts forever and as my Mother likes to say, “this too shall pass!” Have a great day everyone!
Artwork taken from Angel Tarot Cards, Four of Water, Artist: Steve A. Roberts